Dec 14, 2011

Books in 2011

It's been a while since the last time I write anything in this Travelogue. With the opening of Farid Sports House, I stopped on planning trips to any foreign countries. One of business start up phases I have to face is to restrain myself from spending on holiday trips or anything that is not within my necessities list. Sigh. Well at least I learnt something from this experience right? Have you invest your savings into businesses like I did? Even Harvard Business School didn't have a course that requires its students to invest money and start some businesses. Uhm, maybe they do? But not my Business Information System course for sure.


Group photos with fellow group members of NKEA: Education 2 at Youth Defined: Shape Our Future workshop. It was held at Palace of Golden Horses, KL. 10 - 13 Dec. 



Eh, this post is suppose to share my readings through out 2011 right? Sorry melalut. Hehe. Seingat saya, I have read 4 books up to this date. Buku itu dibaca dari cover buku hinggalah ke back cover buku tersebut. Sekurang kurangnya saya cuba jugak untuk memupuk minat membaca walaupun sudah berusia 22 tahun dan bakal menghabiskan tempoh pengajian dalam masa 2-3 minggu lagi di universiti. Haha. Mungkin faktor ketiadaan gadget untuk di main ketika travel membuatkan buku-buku ini menjadi teman setia di dalam train, kapal terbang dan juga bas. I hope this reading habit sticks. 

Buku-buku itu adalah:
  1. "Who Took My Money? Why Slow Investors Lose and Fast Money Wins!"- Kiyosaki
  2. Before You Quit Your Job - Kiyosaki
  3. Swim With the Sharks Without Being Eaten Alive - Harvey Mackay 
  4. The Hippie Guide to Climbing the Corporate Ladders and Other Mountains - Skip Yowell
The first two books I got it from the university library and the other two, the one written by Mackay I found it in my house which apparently an unreturned book from the state library of *****. Haha. Berapa lama ntah tidak dikembalikan. Swim With the Sharks Without Being Eaten Alive can be described as Quran of the business world. It is written in a simple English and can be easily understood by readers. I read the quickies in that book whenever I have free time. It is really a step by step guide for business people. Good stuff. Worth reading twice thrice fhrice?


The Hippie Guide to Climbing the Corporate Ladders and Other Mountains - Skip Yowell


Siapa tahu who Skip Yowell is? Ha.. siapa yg minat backpacks mesti familiar dengan jenama JanSport bukan? Skip is one of the three founder of JanSport. It was started by his cousin (Can't recall his name) and his cousin's wife (Jan). Basically JanSport is Jan + Sport. Cool kan? Skip is JanSport marketing mastermind. He shares their stories from making backpacks in a warehouse until the day they are deeply frustrated for not patterning the Dome tent design. Yup, they are the one who first came up with the idea of dome tent. Pengajaran yg paling best dalam buku ni ialah anything happened is always blessing in disguise. If anything bad happens, find something good beneath it. Well, hippies.. they are always positive because they are always high. Haha. But still, ambil yang jernih la kan? Oh ya, I bought the book for only RM5. Ada jualan borong Times di 1Borneo last month. Untung kan? ;)

I should have read more books. Moooreeeeeeeee. Any suggestions? But no novels please. 





2 comments:

Izzat Aziz said...

ombak rindu?

Admin said...

tupaaaaaaaaaa. baik aku baca twilightt. haha

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs